Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top 10 films of 2011

This is a difficult list to conjure up, as I see so may films a year which I have only just started to record. It is invariably the most recent that one remembers, but in no particular order, these were my favourites:
  • How I Ended This Summer (Aleksey Popogrebskiy, Russia, 2010)
  • In A Better World (Suzanne Biers, Denmark, 2010)
  • Goodbye ( Jafar Panahi,  Iran, 2010)
  • Tuesday, After Christmas (Radu Muntean, Romania, 2010)
  • Michael (Markus Scleinzer, Austria, 2011) - top 5 of the year
  • Cold Fish (Sion Sono, Japan, 2010) - Top 5!
  • One Upon a Time in Anatolia (Nuri Bilge Ceylan, 2011)
  • Jean Gentil (Laura Amelia Guzman, Israel Cadenas, Dominican Republic, 2010)
  • We Need to Talk About Kevin (Lyn Ramsay, UK, 2010)
  • The Skin I Live In (Pedro Almodovar, Spain, 2011)
Nearly, all of these were shown at MIFF. I missed a number of films in festivals. One which is Highly Commended is
Of Gods and Men (Xavier Beauvois France, 2010) and Heartbeats (Xavier Dolan, Canada, 2010)
What were your favourite films of 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment