Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Noisette & The Pillar

Oh how I love and recommend the delectable breads of bakery, Noisette in Port Melbourne. Whenever I see this breakfast item on the menu, I cannot resist.
Coffee with fruit toast at The Pillar of Salt this morning, lovely.
A surprisingly comfortable bar seat at the communal table and very good service from staff, that you hardly noticed, meant for a lovely start to an early day, having risen at 5 am.
Coffee 3.75-4/5 - consistent, smooth but not too my liking completely, not enough after taste (I really don't know what I am taking about, but I do know this was not a terrific coffee, but would be happy to try again)



In other news, I wore my silk New Zealand scarf for the first time today and it was so comfortable. I bought this at the Yarraville second hand store, before it was sadily burnt down. I wonder if it will re open, I do hope so.
Thanks to Ms Sylvia Tai of ShopSui http://www.shopsui.com.au/for my outfit today - Totem red cord A line skirt which was soooo comfortable to wear. I remember the days of being a kid in my cords!




And finally, I cannot recommend enough the sugar cane juice with cumquats from Little Saigon in Footscray. I love this market, so many more people to deserve to know about it. Full of asian greens and herbs, tropical fruits and so, so cheap. I can do my entire weeks F&V shopping therre for $6.00
Earlier this year, I did a food walking tour of Footsrcary through the Maribyrnong City Council and learnt all about the vegetables which I could not previously identify.
Check the tours out at


1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos Roberta! Definitely want to have a look at thats Fooscray market. $6???! I simply don't believe you. ;) Prue

    ReplyDelete